Welcome!

If you're a first time visitor (or just generally confused), here's an explanation: Originally this blog was titled "The Tree of Knowledge" and was full of my exhortations and explanations about various social issues. Now they aren't so much explanations as Tourette's like interjections, because I started to find the research exhausting.

Amazon Earth Day

Monday, July 24, 2006

In the meantime. . .

So, it would seem by now that I should have written subsequent entries on issues relevant to vegetarianism. But, I haven't. You should learn that I sometimes get really behind in this sort of thing. Especially since I have tried to make these entries reasonably articulate and to get my facts straight when I am citing facts. It's always easier when I can just spew out my numerous opinions and not feel obligated to quote statistics. However, if anything I wrote in the last entry touched you, please go to www.farmusa.org or www.peta.org. Yes, PETA can be a little crazy at times, but they're a good resource for getting started.

Watching this "American Dad" episode makes me think that an upcoming entry will also be devoted to issues of sex-ed, and also probably the current war on birth control. At any rate, just a heads up, since I feel like I've been remiss in my updating.

Some topics for discussion in the meantime: Why would cartoonists draw udders on male cows? How stupid can a person be? And also, reflect on this line from Hoodwinked: Critters have feelings too.

--Aine Bina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is ok if you have not written subsequent entries on Vegetarianism, but I do look forward to them. Every now and then, I consider becoming a vegetarian... but I just have become a meat addict. However, I do prefer "ethically" raised creatures for dinner rather than harmone-engineered monstrosities.

On the up-coming sex-ed issue,... I really don't see why it's a war. It seems more like The Dark Ages vs. Intelligent and Responsible People. If you're going to have sex, you should use SOMETHING. And if you don't believe in SOMETHING then you should not have sex unless you're married and plan to deal with the consequences (aka, MANY children). Non-issue.

I'm not sure why anyone would draw udders on male cows. It seems maybe the cartoon cows suffer from some form of udder-envy. They're probably fake anyway.

Aine Bina said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that "war" is the term that the Christian right whose campaigning against safe and obtainable contraceptive is using. But I'll have to check on that. I just hope I haven't gotten rid of the NY Times article I had on this. But, perhaps an Inquisition would be a better term.