Welcome!

If you're a first time visitor (or just generally confused), here's an explanation: Originally this blog was titled "The Tree of Knowledge" and was full of my exhortations and explanations about various social issues. Now they aren't so much explanations as Tourette's like interjections, because I started to find the research exhausting.

Amazon Earth Day

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Starbucks: Insert Clever Subtitle Here

I'm not a frequent coffee drinker. However, occasionally I feel the need for some caffeine and there happens to be a Starbucks nearby. I mean, there almost always happens to be a Starbucks nearby. You could be a town with a population of three and you've got a post office and a Starbucks. But I digress. So, I went and got some Starbucks this morning. I didn't even bother to order fair trade as I thought I was ordering a frap (I mis-ordered because I'm a super-spazz)and they are pre-mixed. However, as I looked at the menu, I couldn't even tell if there was a fair trade option at this particular 'bucks. If anything was labeled as such, it was done in really tiny letters (I have pretty good eyes, so verrrry tiny). So, as it is practically impossible to boycott Starbucks (sometimes you just need a cuppa and as I mentioned earlier, they are everywhere), I'm proposing that my readers write letters. Hurrah! My first ever injunction to write letters! Anyway, here's the contact 411:

Starbucks
2401 Utah Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
Phone: 206-447-1575
Web: www.starbucks.com

Also, you can check out Co-op America's Starbucks Responsible Shopper Profile for more dirt on Starbucks.

No comments: